Thursday, January 25, 2007

Renovations

It sounds like we will be starting renovations in our kitchen next month. It's so much work, but a lot of fun too. Our reno's started last year during Spring Break when my kids were away for 2 weeks. We decided to update their bedrooms to suit their age. Pastels blue and pink just isn't in for 10 and 12 year olds. We also decided to do our bedroom. We got rid of the golden shag rug and replaced it with a light cherrywood laminate floor. Next we worked on the bathroom. That started last summer when My Uncle gave us a new bathroom cabinet when we were visiting him. The bathroom cost us a lot more than we expected for such a tiny room. We still need to get the tub updated and put in new flooring. But in the mean time we are moving on into the kitchen. Oh, for those of you who haven't been to our house...we own a 35yr old Mobile Home. My hubby mistinted some paint at work for a customer and it just happens to be the color we wanted for the kitchen. So it looks like we have the paint to start the project. (Note:it was the customers fault they asked for the wrong kind of gloss paint..that is why it is called mistint.)
With the weather being so mild it will be the perfect time to do some painting and cutting moldings outside. I'll have to post some before and after pictures. I love color and we are using a lot of different colors through out the home. It should be fun. We might even get started this weekend!!! When it is all done I hope to have some company come. We have a spare room with a futon bed in it and we love to get visitors!!! Hint...hint..hint!!! You can come visit before it is done too.

2 comments:

Brenda Oig said...

Sounds exciting, Sandi! I can't wait to see your new place. I'm going to have to come visit when the weather warms up a little. I do need a place to go write for a couple of weeks on my holidays... lol

Winter Snowflake Uxinta said...

Hello! Well glad ur ready to reno^^