Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Kamloops Shopping Trip. Success(:

Sean and I had a lovely weekend in Kamloops with Crystal & Mike. We arrived in Kamloops around lunch time on Saturday. My first stop was to The Mac Store to find out about finally fixing the lines on Kelsey's computer. They told me roughly how much it would cost to get it fixed. I was quite happy with what they told me because I thought for sure it would be way more considering it was an older Imac. Now I need to send it to them. I'm in no rush, so it probably won't happen until after Christmas. While we were in The Mac Store, we ran into some young adults we knew from Church. We looked around Sahalli Mall and then headed down town. That was an adventure trying to get around down town Kamloops. The Christmas shoppers were not the problem. THe problem was someone called in a bomb threat at one of the banks down town and the streets were all blocked off and the police we all over. We finally managed to get around them and head to our hotel. We chose and inexpensive hotel that had a pool and hot tub. We settled into our hotel and then headed out to do some Christmas shopping. I made Mike get a hair cut and we shopped at Walmart since their store has a way better selection than our store. However, shopping with the children presented some challenges, so we decided to go back later. We stopped at Toys R s and has great success there. By this time it is almost supper time. I made a few phone calls to see if any of our Kamloops friends were around. I got to talk to Lorraine and we made plans for lunch on Sunday. For supper we ate at Mr. Mike's. It brought back memories of when I used to work at Mr. Mikes in the puddle. They were the old style Mr. Mike's with The Megalicious Salad Bar. I ordered a Super Mushroom Burger and it was fabulous! Crystal had The Little Mike Burger and Sean & Mike had The Avalanche Burger (Also known as a Super Mushroom/Bacon Burger). The food was delicious. I even layered my pop like I used to do when I was a teenager. Orange pop with diet pepsi on top. Mike thoght I was crazy, but it reminded me of some great times from my past. After supper we went and bought chips & pop to enjoy while we watched a movie back at the hotel. It started to snow and I quite enjoyed watching the snow come down while I was sitting in the hot tub back at the hotel. We decided we were too tired to do any more shopping so after the movie we went to bed. We slept in until 8am. Wow! Had breakfast and checked out of the motel. Off to Walmart again to pick up some of the things we spotted the day before. We left the kids in the truck watching a movie and that worked out great because we were able to get the shopping done. After that we headed off to Aberdeen Mall to shop some more. We found Claires there and Crystal bought Kelsey's gift. It was getting close to lunch time so we headed over to meet Lorraine & John at Arby's. We had a nice visit with them over lunch and then headed to Costco. Costco wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be. I finally bought the shag rug we've wanted for the living room and of course my basics that I love..real baacon bits, antipesto, Sean's favorite socks and more. I didn't get a chance to do any shopping for Sean, but pretty much everything else is done. I'll be able to finish shopping for him this weekend as he gave me a lot of ideas when we were shopping in Kamloops. Now to wrap everything so I am not up til 3am on Christmas Eve(:

No comments: