Thursday, December 16, 2010

Icey Driveway

Apparantly our driveway was very slippery. I poked my head out the front door this morning to grab the newspaper and saw our truck at the bottom of the driveway. Sometime since I returned home after picking up Kelsey & Mike from their grandma's place the truck slid. It slid about 12 feet and luckily stopped at the very bottom of the driveway and was not on the road what so ever. Thankyou Lord! I certainly did not need to have to pay for damages if it slid into the neighbour's driveway or worse if it got hit by an on coming vehicle. If our truck had slid even 1 foot more it would have been on the road. That was my very first experience with slipping vehicles. Sean has now salted and sanded the driveway. I am so thankful nothing bad happened. I was the last to drive the truck and I'm sure I'd be teased about it for a long time if there was damages. When I told a co-worker this morning what happened he said it was most likely becasue the tires were warm and not to feel bad becasue it happens to lots of people every winter. Because it was in gear with the park brake on, once the slippery spot had been past it stopped. Go figure!

No comments: