Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Moving

For those of you that I don't see or get a chance to talk to on a regular basis, I thought I should tell you I'm moving. After living in the same place for 16 years, we are finally buying our first house. I've lived in mobile homes my entire life and though it was time to get a house because we were out growing our home. Why are those teens of mine taller than me?
We moved out of our place on Sunday and are staying with our friends Rick & Judy until we get into our new house in September. We've been going back every night to our place to clean. It's looking pretty good. My parents worked really hard on cleaning it up for me, but mom refused to clean my stove. It's a chore I hate the most and you can imagine how gross the oven was. So, i dragged my sorry but over there to clean it tonight and it looks pretty good. I had some help from Judy. She's such a dear!
We'll go back tomorrow and take out the water cooler and the microwave. My parents have been staying there since Sunday and will head back to Nanaimo with my kids Friday. We'll be on holidays in 2 weeks and will bring the kids back just in time for school to start. It's exciting to move, but an aweful lot of work. Just think in 6 weeks we do it all over again when we move into the new house. It will be all worth it in the end!

No comments: