Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Importance of Patience and Politeness

This week has been a struggle. We are behind, equipment is breaking down. Things are happening that are beyond our control. I try to stay positive, but all around me is cursing and swearing and a lot of negative put downs. I stay late to try and help get caught up. Is it appreciated? I don't hear any nice things said... Why do I bother?  Then I'm reminded that I am working for the Lord..

Colossians 3:17New International Version (NIV)

17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Colossians 3:22-24New International Version (NIV)

22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. 23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

So I say a quick prayer and move on. Today I must remain patient and be polite. I struggle with that among all the stress and negativeness. Today I am going to find good in what has been done. Today I will not get sucked into that negative vortex. Today I will be light in the darkness. Today I realize the importance of patience and politeness. Today I put my trust in the Lord, who is always there and never forsakes me. He gives me strength to carry on. He reminds me that there is light at the end of the tunnel. In Him I move and have my being. 

No comments: