Friday, August 21, 2015

The Dog Days of Summer

As the month of August starts getting close to being over and all the commercials on TV seem to be talking about back to school I feel sad and happy at the same time. My youngest will be going into grade 6 and it will be her last year of elementary school. My oldest will return to university in a few weeks and I will really miss her. And my adult son and his girlfriend will be having a baby girl any day now. Summer where have you gone to? Another summer I feel like has just flown by. We never even got the paddle boat out this year ( could be because I have a swollen foot and paddle boating is not a good idea). We only took our tent trailer out for 2 nights in July. And yet I had a really great summer. I was able to meet up with old friends, visit my sister and her family, see my uncle and cousin and enjoy a week long Girl Guide Camp in Sechelt. Summer is not over yet, so there is still hope for paddle boating and camping labour day weekend. Plus as an added bonus, Sean's best friend is coming for a visit this weekend and we get to go to Quesnel for their Car Show and see an Elvis impersonator at the park. The following weekend my sister will be visiting and I will be over the moon. I am hoping my swollen foot will be better so we can go and enjoy a nice drive out west to the sand dunes or go for a hike to the river or go paddle boating :)  Hopefully this weekend I can get the school supplies bought and can focus on enjoying the rest of summer. A baby born in August will be icing on the cake, but September is a good month too.
And Bailey better not have the baby on Sunday when I am in Qusnel, but if she does at least I will only be a hour away. I'm looking forward to the next chapter in my life as a grandma (or Glam-ma since I am far too young looking to be a grandma. LOL!)
And I'm enjoying the Dog Days of Summer!

No comments: